June 27, 2015

I'm Struggling

I'm having a super hard time keeping my mouth shut with this whole SCOTUS thing.

Since I don't really think I have any readers, I'm just going to put my feelings out here. 
I believe in Christ Jesus and what the Bible says about marriage...
Marriage is between a MAN, a WOMAN, and GOD.  Keyword, GOD.

Its not so much the ruling I have a problem with as it is using the word "marriage" that I have a problem with. Marriage is a biblical word. God designed it. God did not design marriage to be between people of the same sex, he also did not design it to be something for just anyone. 

I feel that if a man and woman get married but it is not in front of God, and God is not the center of their marriage then they shouldn't get to use the word "marriage" either. 

I feel that my gay friends deserve the right to be in a relationship that is recognized by the government in order to get the benefits that I get as a married person. 

I think that as America was founded on a separation of church and state, that marriage should be something in the church that the state and government can not control. 

Lets use a different word; like union. Marriage or Union, they should get the same benefits from the government, because in the eyes of the government they should be the same. However, in the eyes of God, they are not. If God is not apart of it, you shouldn't be allowed to use the word "marriage". 

I had a friend say the following: "It's ludicrous that anyone would presume to know what Jesus's opinion would be on anything" When I saw this I really questioned our friendship even more then I have been lately. The bible is God's word, Jesus is God, so therefore, we are not presuming to know what Jesus's opinion is, it is clearly stated in the bible. I also found this to be a rude comment, because, while she wasn't saying it to me, I felt attacked for I love Jesus. 

I am disappointed in the white house looking like a rainbow, I feel that is disrespectful to those of us American's who don't agree. Now Disney World light up the castle, fine, that is not my government or my country. I feel excluded by my country because I don't agree, and I think that sucks. 

I know this is jumping around a lot  but I am still really struggling with it all, and how to put my words and beliefs out there without offending to many people, or getting to much backlash. 

I have friends who are gay, who are in legal unions with their signifant others, and I love them. I love them dearly. I don't judge them for who they love. I have enough of my own flaws to judge others, believe me, I'm a mess, however I know Jesus. I know he came and lived a perfect life, so that I may have a savior in HIM. 

Please know, that whether you support gay marriage or not, I love you. Whether our opinions are the same or different doesn't matter to me, what matters to me is how you treat others for thinking differently then you. 

Signing off
#warriorprincesskj


2 comments:

  1. Wow, this blog post should be posted all over the internet for everyone to read. You obviously know my feelings on it and for me, it is just an equality matter. I like how you explained though that making it a union. I am a very liberal Christian. You are the first person to actually sit down and write out why the white house being lit up in rainbow colors was disrespectful, instead of just put a meme about it. I totally get it now. thank you so much for this post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, please remember, real people with real emotions read these: Be Nice.