July 4, 2015

Happy Birthday America!

What a fantastic day!

I started the day out early preparing for the neighborhood 4th of July bash. The day was spent with the 'bike' parade, food prep, water slides, water table, swimming pool. Enjoying the company of our new neighbors. Then we watched an amazing 35-45 minute fireworks show, right from our driveway. (Alright, I went to the neighbors driveway, but really I could have seen them from mine.) I love that I didn't have to FIND something for us to do this year, in a new city. Everything we wanted to do was right here, in our own 'backyard'.

I chatted with a few of the guy neighbors tonight, and got to talk about The Lord. I love talking about the Lord. I love hearing how people have come to know Him, and how he is really all around us down here. It's so fun.

I did have an ah-ha moment tonight though. For the first time, I think in forever, I had tears rolling down my face as I prayed out loud with my kids. Usually we just say our night time prayers and move on. Usually we just talk about the day, and I let the kids control the prayer time. Tonight however, I chose to do it. I did give them a chance to pray as well, but it is just so amazing that we get to celebrate America's freedom once a year, but truly I can celebrate my freedom in Christ everyday! How cool is that? I'm also so blessed that I get to speak about God so openly and not have to fear for my life.

I heard a saying once, only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and The American Soldier. One did for your soul, the other for your freedom. On a day like today we get to celebrate both, but really shouldn't we be celebrating and thanking them everyday?

I leave you tonight with this:

Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God's slaves. Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, few God, honor the emperor.
1 Peter 2:13-17


~*Signing Off*~
#warriorprincessKJ

1 comment:

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, please remember, real people with real emotions read these: Be Nice.