April 21, 2016

Bathrooms....

Yes, Ladies and Gents, The bathroom you use in a public place has become a topic of great discussion in 2016.

Now, I need to be up front with you all and say that I don't know much about why this has become a debate. I was out of town when it went down in Charlotte.

What I know:
Voters in NC passed a law for transgender bathroom usage.
Government in NC said they don't have to follow what the voters said.
The world is now in an uproar.

I also need to say I don't know much about transgender people and how they come to be...other than that God made them, put them in someone's belly, and they showed up in the world. I mean I have kids...I do know that much ;)

So here is what else I know....

I was a victim of rape.

If I saw a man, or what I would presume to be a man based on looks, follow me into a bathroom, I would probably go in to a great big panic attack.

I would not feel safe.

Now I know what you are thinking "s/he wouldn't rape you" but how do I really know that? How do I really know that something awful won't happen to me in any public bathroom?

Well I know my friend Jesus, is watching out for me. I know he was watching out for me the day I was raped as well. However, I know I am human, and I know that because I am human, I some times experience fear and worry. I know I would be okay with transgender bathrooms.

Why can't they just have single stall bathrooms that just say restroom and anyone use them...no labels?

The other thing that bothers me about this whole thing, is that, while I know I would be uncomfortable in a transgender bathroom, I do not agree with the government saying they didn't have to listen to the voters.

I'm sure there was more in the bill then just the bathroom thing, because thats how bills work, and as I said before I don't know much about this whole situation.

But I am tired of hearing about it.
I am tired of thinking about what I would feel like being a 'guy' follow me into the bathroom.
I'm also tired of the world making a big deal about it, and the fact that prince died.

I know....#rampage is happening. I'm sore and cranky! I understand a famous guy passed away, and I know the world will miss his music...but seriously...thats all we have to talk about? The artist formally known as Prince passing, and bathrooms?!

*rant over*

~*Signing off*~
#warriorprincessKJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for wanting to leave a comment, please remember, real people with real emotions read these: Be Nice.